|Trulli Formula E Team|
|Début||2014 Beijing ePrix|
|Key People||Lucio Cavuto, Francesco Guarnieri|
|Last Season||10th (17 pt(s))|
Trulli were a newly formed team, founded by Jarno Trulli in 2014. With Jarno Trulli's Formula One career bringing a wealth of experience, and the team taking over some of the innovations from Drayson Racing (such as wireless charging), Trulli intended to be a key team in the development of the championship.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Trulli ran four Spark-Renault SRT_01Es for Jarno Trulli and Michela Cerruti in the 2014/15 season, with the pair racing for the team in the first four ePrix of the season. The highlight of their partnership was Trulli's fourth place in Punta del Este, although it was to be a brief moment in the sun. Cerruti would leave the team in the build up to the 2015 Miami ePrix, citing "Professional reasons" for her departure.
Former F1 racer Vitantonio Liuzzi was called up just a few days before the Miami ePrix, although the time he had was not enough to get one of his helmets shipped over, meaning he had to loan one from his new boss. Yet, the change in drivers did not cause a change in form, with Trulli's Uruguayan points the Team's only score until the 2015 Berlin ePrix. The German capital saw Trulli take pole position, with Liuzzi also in the top ten, although the race itself did not go to plan. Trulli suffered a poor start and dropped throughout the race, ending the day in nineteenth, despite Liuzzi claiming his first points by taking ninth. Late drama in Moscow also cost the pair points, with Trulli also picking up a penalty for the season ending double header in London.
Liuzzi was unable to attend the finale in London, meaning Alex Fontana joined the team, although he and Trulli struggled in the British capital. The season ended with Trulli Formula E Team sat at the foot of the table (a position they had filled throughout the season), having scored just seventeen points all year.
Motoring with MotomaticaEdit
The 2015/16 season saw constructors enter the Formula E Championship for the first time, with Trulli securing a deal with Motomatica to design a powertrain for their cars. With team boss Jarno Trulli stepping down from driver duties, the team announced that Salvador Duran would join Vitantonio Liuzzi as their two main drivers. Yet, although their line up was confirmed, the new Motomatica JT-01 proved to be a troublesome creation for the team, failing to cover any meaningful distance at the 2015 Donington Test.
The failure of the JT-01 would ultimately prove to be the team's down fall, as they were forced to withdraw from the opening two rounds due to scrutineering issues. Trulli would announce their complete withdrawal from the Championship on the 15th of December 2015, just four days before the third round in Punta del Este. Their spot on the entry list would not be filled until the start of the 2016/17 season, when Jaguar joined the Championship, while Duran rejoined Team Aguri at the 2016 Buenos Aires ePrix.
Formula E RecordEdit
Below is the Trulli Formula E Team's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 'Teams: Trulli Formula E Team', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/teams/trulli.aspx, (Accessed 18/07/2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'FIA homologates manufacturers for second Formula E season', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 03/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/fia-homologates-manufacturers-for-second-formula-e-season.aspx, (Accessed 03/08/2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Trulli Formula E Team announce withdrawal from championship', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 15/12/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/december/trulli-announcement.aspx, (Accessed 15/12/2015)
- ↑ 'Jarno Trulli, Sam Bird, Nick Heidfeld & Jérôme d'Ambrosio add names to Formula E Drivers' Club', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 19/03/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/march/jarno-trulli-sam-bird-nick-heidfeld-j%C3%A9r%C3%B4me-dambrosio-add-names-to-formula-e-drivers-club.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Michela Cerruti joins Trulli to become second female driver', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 30/06/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/june/michela-cerruti-joins-trulligp-to-become-second-female-driver.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Brilliant Buemi wins in Punta del Este', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 13/12/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/december/brilliant-buemi-wins-in-punta-del-este.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 'Vitantonio Liuzzi replaces Michela Cerruti in Miami', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/03/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/vitantonio-liuzzi-replaces-michela-cerruti-for-miami.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 'Di Grassi excluded from DHL Berlin ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 23/05/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/may/di-grassi-excluded-from-dhl-berlin-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 23/05/2015)
- ↑ 'Piquet masters Moscow', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 30/06/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/piquet-increases-lead-in-championship-with-moscow-win.aspx, (Accessed 09/06/2015)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 'Bird hails ‘unbelievable’ end to season', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 28/06/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/bird-hails-unbelievable-end-to-season.aspx, (Accessed 30/06/2015)
- ↑ 'Duran switches to Trulli alongside Liuzzi', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 24/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/duran-switches-to-trulli-alongside-liuzzi.aspx, (Accessed 25/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi lowers Donington lap record', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 18/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/di-grassi-lowers-donington-lap-record.aspx, (Accessed 25/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Trulli to miss Putrajaya ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 06/11/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/november/trulli-to-miss-putrajaya-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 07/11/2015)
- ↑ 'Salvador Duran joins Team Aguri', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 28/01/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/january/salvador-duran-joins-team-aguri.aspx, (Accessed 28/01/2016)