|Date of Birth||30th November 2017|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2017 Hong Kong ePrix I|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||6 (6 Starts)|
|Team||MS&AD Andretti Formula E|
After several years in go-karting from the age of 10, Blomqvist started racing cars in 2009, racing in the Swedish version of the Formula Renault Championship. His campaign ended with the Brit taking third place in the final standings, with occasional appearances in the British Formula Renault Championship. He opted to compete in the British version full time in 2010, a move which resulted in him becoming the youngest ever winner of the Championship.
British Formula One team McLaren began tracking Blomqvist's progress from that moment onwards, signing him up to their Driver Development Programme in 2012. He celebrated this with a rookie campaign in the Formula 3 Euro Series, a season that finished with him in seventh overall. A similar campaign followed in 2013, before Blomqvist finally fulfilled his promise in 2014. Six victories saw Blomqvist end the season as runner-up, and prompted attention from BMW and their DTM campaign.
Blomqvist's maiden DTM campaign would go fairly well, the Brit scoring a maiden victory towards the end of the season on his way to fourteenth in the series. His second season saw him run stronger across the season without claiming a win, although numerous podium finishes allowed Blomqvist to finish in the top six in the Championship. However, Blomqvist's third season would not go well at all, the Brit only claiming a few points finishes to scrape into the top twenty come season's end.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Blomqvist's first involvement with Formula E came at the 2017 Valencia Test, when the Brit was invited by contract owners BMW to test for the Andretti Formula E effort, with whom the German car manufacturer had partnered ahead of their full entry in 2018/19. Blomqvist would be competing with fellow Brit and BMW contractee Alexander Sims for the second Andretti seat, and after three days of running it was the Anglo-Swede performed best. However, Andretti were reluctant to reveal whom they had picked for their second seat alongside António Félix da Costa, with Blomqvist only revealed as their second driver upon the release of the full 2017/18 FIA Formula E Championship entry list.
Full Formula E RecordEdit
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Tom Blomqvist's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Tom Blomqvist during their FE career:
|Tom Blomqvist's Overall Formula E Record|
|2017/18||MS&AD Andretti Formula E||27||Andretti ATEC-04|
Below is a table showing Tom Blomqvist's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- Stefan Brending, 'File:2014 F3 HockenheimringII Tom Blomqvist by 2eight 8SC4323.jpg', commons.wikimedia.org, (WikiMedia, 19/10/2014), https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2014_F3_HockenheimringII_Tom_Blomqvist_by_2eight_8SC4323.jpg, (Accessed 03/11/2017)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 'Season 4: official team & driver entry list confirmed', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 03/11/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/october/season-4-official-team-driver-entry-list-confirmed/, (Accessed 03/11/2017)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 'Tom Blomqvist', dtm.com, (DTM, 2015), http://www.dtm.com/en/driver/tom-blomqvist?language=en-gb, (Accessed 06/05/2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 'Tom Blomqvist', wikipedia.org, (Wikipedia, 06/05/2015), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Blomqvist, (Accessed 06/05/2015)
- ↑ 'European F3 runner-up Tom Blomqvist to race BMW M4 in 2015 DTM', autosport.com (Haymarket Publications, 02/02/2015), http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117552, (Accessed 06/05/2015)
- ↑ 'New faces to make Formula E debut in Valencia', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 01/10/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/september/new-faces-to-make-formula-e-debut-in-valencia/, (Accessed 01/10/2017)
- ↑ 'Turvey finishes pre-season testing on top', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 05/10/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/october/turvey-finishes-pre-season-testing-on-top/, (Accessed 05/10/2017)