|Date of Birth||2nd November 1975|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2014 Beijing ePrix|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||33 (33 Starts)|
|Team||Venturi Formula E Team|
Stéphane Jean-Marc Sarrazin (born 2nd November 1975) is a French racing driver, who is set to compete for the Venturi Formula E Team in the 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship. A talented driver in his own right, Sarrazin found himself on the end of poor fortune throughout the first season of Formula E, taking 22 points and one pole position, having been a reasonably regular point scorer, a theme that the Frenchman carried through season two.
Sarrazin began his career in 1994, entering into Formula Renault and taking the championship. After taking the Formula Three and Formula 3000 titles, Sarrazin got his one and only chance to drive in Formula One, replacing Luca Badoer in the 1999 Brazilian Grand Prix. Sarrazin then became a test driver for various teams in Formula One between 2000 and 2003, before focusing on rallying. Sarrazin then entered endurance racing in 2006, ultimately competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans numerous times for Peugeot and Toyota after 2007.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Sarrazinn competed alongside Nick Heidfeld for the Venturi Formula E Team in the inaugural 2014/15 Formula E Championship. Although not as fast as his team mate, Sarrazin was more reliable at taking points, although by the halfway stage of the season, team mate Heidfeld was ahead in the overall standings. Accidents in Punta del Este and Miami cost Sarrazin valuable points, and both worked in favour of Heidfeld.
Sarrazin scored tenth place at the 2015 Long Beach ePrix, before the European leg of the season saw him finally improve his point return compared to Heidfeld. Seventh in Monaco was beaten by sixth at the 2015 Berlin ePrix, where Sarrazin had been on the pace of team mate Heidfeld, and the race leaders, throughout. His season ended relatively strongly too, with points in both London ePrix, including pole position in the season ending 2015 London ePrix II.
Valiant with VenturiEdit
For the second season of Formula E, Venturi partnered Sarrazin with ex-Formula One World Champion Jacques Villeneuve, the Canadian getting his first taste of the Championship at the 2015 Donington Test. Having got the better of a relatively inexperienced Villeneuve during testing, Sarrazin secured his first points of the season by finishing ninth at the season opening Beijing ePrix. After following this up with an excellent fourth place finish in the 2015 Putrajaya ePrix, Sarrazin found himself with a new teammate at the turn of the year, as Mike Conway replaced a frustrated Villeneuve.
Backed by one of his Toyota Racing colleagues from the World Endurance Championship, Sarrazin once again pushed on, claiming another fourth place at the 2016 Buenos Aires ePrix. Two rounds later, and Sarrazin found himself standing on the podium, having battled through a punishing 2016 Long Beach ePrix to claim second, beating title pretender Sébastien Buemi. That result proved to be the highlight of the season for Sarrazin, as he achieved three more points finishes to end the season in sixth place overall.
Venturi opted to retain Sarrazin as their lead driver for the 2016/17 season, partnering him with experienced German racer Maro Engel. The 2016 Donington Test saw Sarrazin once again outclass his teammate, although the Venturi package seemed to be among the slower of those set to be shipped to Hong Kong for the season opener.
Full Formula E RecordEdit
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Stéphane Sarrazin's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Stéphane Sarrazin during their FE career:
|Stéphane Sarrazin's Overall Formula E Record|
|2014/15||Venturi Formula E Team||30||Spark-Renault SRT_01E||14th||22|
|2015/16||Venturi Formula E Team||4||Venturi VM200-FE-01||6th||70|
|2016/17||Venturi Formula E Team||4||Venturi VM200-FE-02|
Below is a table showing Stéphane Sarrazin's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- Morio, 'Stephane Sarrazin 2007 Mil Milhas Brasil', wikipedia.org, (WikiMedia, 10/11/2007), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Sarrazin#mediaviewer/File:Stephane_Sarrazin_2007_Mil_Milhas_Brasil.jpg, (Accessed 05/07/2015)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 'Drivers' Club: Stephane Sarrazin', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/drivers-club/st%C3%A9phane-sarrazin.aspx, (Accessed 05/07/2015)
- ↑ 'Nick Heidfeld & Stéphane Sarrazin to drive for Venturi in Formula E', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 26/06/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/june/nick-heidfeld-stephane-sarrazin-to-drive-for-venturi-in-formula-e.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Sarrazin takes pole in mixed conditions', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 28/06/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/sarrazin-takes-pole-in-mixed-conditions.aspx, (Accessed 30/06/2015)
- ↑ 'Da Costa wins spectacular Buenos Aires ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 10/01/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/january/antonio-felix-da-costa-wins-chaotic-buenos-aires-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Prost powers to first Formula E win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 14/03/2015) http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/prost-powers-to-first-formula-e-win.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi flies to Tempelhof win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 23/05/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/may/di-grassi-wins-in-berlin-to-extend-title-lead.aspx, (Accessed 23/05/2015)
- ↑ 'Jacques Villeneuve signs for Venturi alongside Sarrazin', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 08/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/jacques-villeneuve-signs-for-venturi-alongside-sarraz.aspx, (Accessed 08/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Buemi to the max in Beijing', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 24/10/2015),http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/october/buemi-wins-swusp-beijing-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 25/10/2015)
- ↑ 'Conway to race for Venturi in Argentina', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 22/01/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/january/mike-conway-to-race-for-venturi-in-buenos-aires.aspx, (Accessed 23/01/2016)
- ↑ 'Bird holds off Buemi for BA win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 06/02/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/february/bird-holds-off-buemi-for-ba-win.aspx, (Accessed 22/03/2016)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi's Shoreline sensation', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/04/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/di-grassi-s-shoreline-sensation/, (Accessed 03/04/2016)
- ↑ Topher Smith, 'SARRAZIN STAYS AT VENTURI FOR SEASON THREE', e-racing.net, (e-Racing, 07/07/2016), http://www.e-racing.net/2016/07/07/sarrazin-stays-at-venturi-for-season-three/, (Accessed 08/07/2016)