|Date of Birth||18th August 1981|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2014 Beijing ePrix|
|First Win||2015 Miami ePrix|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||33 (33 Starts)|
The son of four time Formula One champion Alain Prost, Prost began his career in Formula Campus in the United States at the age of 22, before moving to the Spanish Formula Three championship in 2006. In 2007, Prost continued to race in Formula Three (taking third overall) and raced for Team France in the A1 GP series. Before being named Lotus F1's test driver in 2013, Prost raced for Rebellion Racing at the Le Mans 24 Hours and in the FIA World Endurance Championship for several seasons.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Prost was named alongside Sébastien Buemi for e.dams-Renault for the 2014/15 Season. Prost looked set to win the first ever ePrix in Beijing, but hit Nick Heidfeld as he went for the lead at the final corner of the race, giving Lucas di Grassi an unexpected victory. Prost would claim pole position at the following 2014 Putrajaya ePrix, but was pushed back ten places due to his collision with Heidfeld.
Despite only scoring minor points in Putrajaya and Punta del Este, Prost finally stood on the podium at the 2014 Buenos Aires ePrix. It would be at the following 2015 Miami ePrix that Prost achieved the victory that his pace had promised since his Beijing brawl.
Solid points continued to elude Prost even after his big win, as team mate Buemi took two more victories before the season ended in London. Ultimately, Prost fell from fourth in the standings to sixth at the season finale, having come into London as a title outsider, despite being on the verge of winning many of the season's races.
The first year of manufacturer backing saw Renault e.Dams retain Prost and Buemi for a second season, and after the 2015 Donington Test it became clear that they would start the season as favourites. Unfortunately for Prost, the season opening Beijing ePrix would see him retire with excessive damage, as Buemi sprinted to victory. The next three races saw Prost get into the points, but it would take until the 2016 Mexico City ePrix for the Frenchman to stand on the podium. Yet, that result looked to be the flash in the pan for Prost's season, with the Frenchman failing to score at the following round in Long Beach.
With Buemi going for the title, Prost was made to support his teammate from the 2016 Paris ePrix, and that seemed to be the kick that the Frenchman needed to get into gear. Two fourth places saw Prost yield to Buemi at least once while ahead, before the season came to its conclusion in London. With Buemi and Lucas di Grassi both faltering in qualifying, Prost put together a composed performance in qualifying to take pole, an advantage that left him with a cruise to victory as the title battle closed up behind him.
The final race of the second season would once again see Buemi put his car ahead of Prost as the two shared the front row, and the Frenchman knew what he had to do. With di Grassi starting third, Prost and Buemi worked together to box the Brazilian in at the sharp turn three, only for di Grassi to "misjudge" his braking point and slam into the back of the Swiss racer, leaving both to limp back to the pits. As they were left in a race long duel to set the fastest lap to decide the title, Prost swept home for a third career victory and secure the Teams' Championship for Renault e.Dams.
Partnered with Buemi for a third straight season at Renault e.Dams, Prost and his Champion teammate would enter the 2016 Donington Test as favourites once again. Of the two, Buemi proved to have the better one lap pace, but Prost covered more mileage, suggesting that the fight between them could be closer than it had been in season two.
Full Formula E RecordEdit
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Nicolas Prost's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Nicolas Prost during their FE career:
|Nicolas Prost's Overall Formula E Record|
|2014/15||e.dams-Renault||8||Spark-Renault SRT_01E||6th||88 (89)|
|2015/16||Renault e.Dams||8||Renault Z.E. 15||3rd||115|
|2016/17||Renault e.Dams||8||Renault Z.E. 16|
Below is a table showing Nicolas Prost's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- Darkness00, 'Nicolas Prost au 24h du Mans 2012', wikipedia.org, (Wikipedia, 13/06/2012), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Prost#mediaviewer/File:Nicolas_Prost_-_Le_Mans_2012.JPG, (Accessed 02/05/2015)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 'Drivers' club: Nicolas Prost', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/drivers-club/nicolas-prost.aspx, (Accessed 02/05/2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Renault e.Dams confirm Buemi and Prost for 2016/17', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 20/05/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/may/renault-edams-confirm-buemi-and-prost-for-201617/, (Accessed 20/05/2016)
- ↑ 'Lucas di Grassi snatches win after dramatic last corner crash', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 13/09/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/september/lucas-di-grassi-snatches-win-after-dramatic-last-corner-crash.aspx, (Accessed 02/05/2015)
- ↑ 'Da Costa wins spectacular Buenos Aires ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 10/01/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/january/antonio-felix-da-costa-wins-chaotic-buenos-aires-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 02/05/2015)
- ↑ 'Prost powers to first Formula E win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 14/03/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/prost-powers-to-first-formula-e-win.aspx, (Accessed 02/05/2015)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 'Buemi’s stroll in the park', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 27/06/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/buemi-wins-as-edams-renault-clinch-team-title.aspx, (Accessed 30/06/2015)
- ↑ 'Buemi to the max in Beijing', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 24/10/2015),http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/october/buemi-wins-swusp-beijing-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 25/10/2015)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi stripped of Mexico win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/03/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/march/di-grassi-stripped-of-mexico-win.aspx, (Accessed 13/03/2016)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi's Shoreline sensation', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/04/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/di-grassi-s-shoreline-sensation/, (Accessed 03/04/2016)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 'Di Grassi triumphant in Paris', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 23/04/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/di-grassi-wins-visa-paris-eprix/, (Accessed 23/04/2016)
- ↑ 'BUEMI AND DI GRASSI CHARGE UP THE ORDER, BUT IT’S PROST WHO LEADS THE WAY', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/07/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/july/prost-wins-in-style-as-di-grassi-inches-closer-to-title/, (Accessed 03/07/2016)
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 'BUEMI WINS TITLE AFTER SPECTACULAR FINALE: VISA FASTEST LAP ENDS UP DECIDING THE 2015/16 FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 03/07/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/july/buemi-wins-title-after-spectacular-finale/, (Accessed 04/07/2016)