|Name||Formula E Miami ePrix|
|Location||Biscayne Bay Circuit, Miami, Florida, USA|
|First Race||14th March 2015|
|Nelson Piquet Jr.||Jean-Éric Vergne||Nicolas Prost|
An indigenous site before the arrival of the Europeans in 1556, the Miami area became the key city in the state of Florida, with Britain and Spain alternating in their control of the emerging town until the 1800s. Officially incorporated as a city in 1896, Miami was named for the nearby Miami River, with the railroad built within the city. Miami is also one of the fastest growing cities in history, with the population exploding from 1,000 in 1896 to 5.5 million in 2006.
Formula E HistoryEdit
The 2015 Miami ePrix was held on the 14th of March, 2015, becoming the first ePrix to be held in North America having been included in the first ever Formula E calendar. After Jean-Eric Vergne became the first ever pole sitter Miami, Nicolas Prost took victory and the lead in the championship, with Scott Speed coming second on his debut.
The Miami ePrix circuit was revealled a few weeks prior to the start of the meeting, centred around the American Airlines Stadium.
The Miami circuit measures 2.17 km (1.35 mi) in length, with eight corners, all of which are ninety degrees in radius. The circuit also partially runs under the MacArthur Causeway, with turn four completely covered by the bridge. The pitlane runs from turn six to turn seven (where the finish line is also located), with cars stopping on the bay front.
A full list of records for the New York ePrix are outlined below, including a list of race winners.
Below is a list of all of the winners of ePrix held in Miami:
|Miami ePrix Winners List|
|2014/15||2015 FIA Formula E Miami ePrix||Biscayne Bay Circuit||14th March 2015||Nicolas Prost||Report|
Biscayne Bay CircuitEdit
All records for the Biscayne Bay Circuit were set in 2015.
- Qualifying record: 1:05.953 - Jean-Eric Vergne (2015)
- Lap record: 1:07.969 - Nelson Piquet, Jr. (2015)
- Most Wins: Nicolas Prost (1)
- Most Poles: Jean-Eric Vergne (1)
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 'Circuit guide: Miami', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar/2015-miami.aspx, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 'Miami', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/07/2015), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 'Prost powers to first Formula E win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 14/03/2015) http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/prost-powers-to-first-formula-e-win.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
|Formula E Host Cities|
|Mexico City||Montreal||New York|
|Buenos Aires||Santiago||São Paulo||Punta del Este|
|Donington Park||Circuit Ricardo Tormo|