|Name||Formula E Long Beach ePrix|
|Location||Long Beach, California|
|First Race||4th April 2015|
|Nicolas Prost||Daniel Abt||Nelson Piquet, Jr.|
The site of Long Beach originally fell between two Spanish ranches founded in the 16th century, which remained under Spanish control until the 1860s. Long Beach (which was named as such by the "Long Beach Land and Water Company" after their purchase of William E. Willmore's failed Willmore City in the 1890s) was incorporated as a city in 1897. The city grew, becoming the home of the United States Grand Prix West between 1976 and 1983 , as well as numerous ChampCar and ALMS/TUDOR United SportsCar Championship races.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Long Beach hosted its first ePrix on the 4th of April 2015, which was won by Brazilian racer Nelson Piquet, Jr.. Piquet, Jr.'s victory was all the more significant as it came on the 35th anniversary of his father, Nelson Piquet, Sr.'s first triumph in Formula One at the very same circuit.
Shortened to meet FIA Formula E regulations, the Long Beach ePrix sees the drivers race around a 2.1 km circuit with seven corners. The circuit will use streets not normally featured in the normal circuit, with significant modification made to the circuit. The ePrix layout uses the iconic start/finish line along the marina, before cutting across the longer layout via South Pine Avenue.
After Formula E's visit in April 2015, the current circuit records for Long Beach are as follows:
- Qualifying Record: 0:56.937 - Daniel Abt (2015)
- Lap Record: 0:58.973 - Nicolas Prost (2015)
- Most Poles: Daniel Abt (1)
- Most Wins: Nelson Piquet, Jr. (1)
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 'Circuit guide: Long Beach', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar/2015-long-beach.aspx, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 'Long Beach', wikipedia.org, (WikiMedia, 02/07/2015), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach,_California#Long_Beach_Grand_Prix, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Emotional Piquet emulates his father', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 04/04/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/april/piquet-cruises-to-victory-in-long-beach.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
|Formula E Host Cities|
|Mexico City||Montreal||New York|
|Buenos Aires||Santiago||São Paulo||Punta del Este|
|Donington Park||Circuit Ricardo Tormo|