|Date of Birth||7th November 1991|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2016 Hong Kong ePrix|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||22 (22 Starts)|
After a strong karting career, Rosenqvist graduated to his first proper racing seat in 2007, taking part in the Formula Renault 2.0 Asia and Chinese Formula Renault races at the end of the season, before getting a chance at Formula Asia 2.0 for 2008. The following two seasons saw Rosenqvist take the FA 2.0 honours, as well as the Formula Renault titles in his native Sweden and the NEZ Cup.
The European RealmEdit
For 2010, Rosenqvist obtained a drive in the German Formula Three Championship, where two wins earned him a seat in Formula 3 Euro Series for 2011. The Swede claimed one win, as well as his first victory in the one-off Masters of Formula 3 event, leaving him with 2012 drives in the Euro Series, FIA European Formula 3 Championship and entries for the Masters and Macau Grand Prix. Come the end of the 2012 season, Rosenqvist would be third in the European F3 Championship, fourth in the final edition of the Euro Series, and claimed second at the Macau race.
2013 saw Rosenqvist mount a Championship campaign in European F3, with the Swede ultimately missing out on the title at the season finale, although he could console himself with another triumph in the Masters race. 2014 saw his title campaign in F3 fall apart early on, leaving him eighth come seasons end, although an excellent display at Macau saw Rosenqvist earn yet another honour. The Swede's late season flurry in 2014 saw him go on to dominate in 2015, with Rosenqvist taking thirteen wins in the European F3 Championship to take the title, and take a second win at Macau, becoming the most successful driver at F3 level in terms of honours.
The 2016 season saw Rosenqvist take up opportunities across the world, including drives in the Indy Lights series in the US, Blancpain GT Series in Asia and Europe, and a test/reserve role in the DTM. A mid-season change in Formula One saw Rosenqvist drafted into a full DTM seat for the rest of the season, as he followed the path of António Félix da Costa by combining campaigns in DTM and Formula E.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Mahindra Racing decided to replace the outgoing Bruno Senna with a young driver for the upcoming 2016/17 season, with Rosenqvist one of their leading candidates. The Swede was keen and so a deal was struck before the start of the 2016 Donington Test, where Rosenqvist proved to be more than a match for experienced teammate Nick Heidfeld over the six days.
Rosenqvist's debut would not go to plan in Hong Kong, although the Swede did secure fastest lap after an issue with his first car. He would follow that up by taking a stunning pole in Marrakech, although he would ultimately slip to third in the race due to his energy consumption. A disappointing couple of races followed for Rosenqvist, the Swede only claiming a single point in Buenos Aires and Mexico City.
The return to Europe in early 2017 saw Rosenqvist's consistency improved, the Swede scoring solid points in Monte Carlo and Paris. These performances would, however, be overshadowed by an excellent display in Berlin, where Rosenqvist claimed victory after a stunning move around the outside of Lucas di Grassi. That was followed by a pole position and second place in the second Berlin ePrix of the weekend, a combination that moved Rosenqvist into the top three in the Championship.
Rosenqvist would have to wait until the second New York ePrix to stand on the podium again, although it did just keep the Swede in the title hunt. Ultimately, it was an outside shot at the title, and a ninth place finish in the next ePrix ended his hopes. However, Rosenqvist would end the season on a high, starting the final race of the season from pole, before finishing the second Montreal ePrix.
Full Formula E RecordEdit
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Felix Rosenqvist's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Felix Rosenqvist during their FE career:
|Felix Rosenqvist's Overall Formula E Record|
|2016/17||Mahindra Racing||19||Mahindra M3 Electro||3rd||127|
|2017/18||Mahindra Racing||19||Mahindra M4 Electro|
Below is a table showing Felix Rosenqvist's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- KAgamemnon, 'File:2017 Berlin ePrix Podium first race.jpg', commons.wikimedia.org, (WikiMedia, 10/06/2017), https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2017_Berlin_ePrix_Podium_first_race.jpg, (Accessed 10/06/2017) - Cropped from Original
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 'ROSENQVIST AND HEIDFELD CONFIRMED AT MAHINDRA: SWEDISH DRIVER FELIX ROSENQVIST JOINS NICK HEIDFELD AT MAHINDRA RACING FOR 2016/17 SEASON', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 22/08/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/august/rosenqvist-and-heidfeld-confirmed-at-mahindra/, (Accessed 22/08/2016)
- ↑ 'News', felixracing.se, (Felix Rosenqvist Racing, 2016), http://www.felixracing.se/?lang=en, (Accessed 08/09/2016)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Mahindra retain Heidfeld & Rosenqvist for season four', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 20/09/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/september/mahindra-retain-heidfeld-rosenqvist-for-season-four/, (Accessed 20/09/2017)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 'Felix Rosenqvist', driverdb.com, (DriverDB AB, 2016), https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/felix-rosenqvist/, (Accessed 08/09/2016)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 'Felix Rosenqvist', wikipedia.org, (Wikipedia, 07/09/2016), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Rosenqvist, (Accessed 08/09/2016)
- ↑ 'Buemi holds on in Hong Kong', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 09/10/2016), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/october/buemi-holds-on-in-hong-kong/, (Accessed 09/10/2016)
- ↑ 'Buemi magnificent in Marrakesh', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 12/11/2016), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/november/buemi-magnificent-in-marrakesh/, (Accessed 12/11/2016)
- ↑ 'Red hot Rosenqvist hands Mahindra first win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 10/06/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/june/red-hot-rosenqvist-hands-mahindra-first-win/, (Accessed 16/06/2017)
- ↑ 'Bird flies high with New York double', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 16/07/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/july/bird-flies-high-with-new-york-double/, (Accessed 17/07/2017)
- ↑ 'Vergne victorious, Di Grassi wins title', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 30/07/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/july/vergne-victorious-di-grassi-wins-title/, (Accessed 30/07/2017)