|Name||Beijing Olympic Green Circuit|
|Location||Olympic Park, Beijing|
|First Race||13th September 2014|
|Sébastien Buemi||Sébastien Buemi||Lucas di Grassi|
Beijing, current capital of the People's Republic of China, is a city that can trace its origins as far back as the 11th century B.C. Originally named as Ji (the walled city), Beijing evolved into the de-facto capital of the First Emperor of Unified China. The cities status as the capital of the region and the country lasted, with the current era, the People's Republic using the city for that purpose since 1949. Beijing has also hosted several major events in recent years, most notably the 2008 Olympic Games.
Formula E HistoryEdit
The Olympic Green Circuit in Beijing would have the honour of hosting the first ever ePrix, where Lucas di Grassi made history by becoming the first winner in Formula E history at the 2014 Beijing ePrix.
The Brazilian took advantage of a late race crash between Nicolas Prost and Nick Heidfeld at the final corner, before being joined on the podium by Franck Montagny and Sam Bird. Beijing returned to host the season opener for the 2015/16 season in September 2015, with 2014 winner di Grassi ending the race in second after being beaten to the line by Sébastien Buemi.
The Beijing ePrix circuit features twenty corners, with 3.44 km (2.14 mi) of tarmac linking them. The circuit runs through the Olympic Park, running past the iconic Bird's Nest stadium as well as the Beijing National Aquatics Centre. The circuit also features an unusual pitlane, with a U-shaped section within it that houses the 40 car field. 20 corners provided numerous overtaking opportunities for the drivers, with the deceptively tight final corner allowing one final chance to overtake.
A full list of records for the Beijing ePrix is outlined below, including a list of race winners.
Below is a list of all of the winners of ePrix held in Beijing:
|Beijing ePrix Winners List|
|2014/15||2014 FIA Formula E Evergrande Spring Beijing ePrix||Olympic Green Circuit||13th September 2014||Lucas di Grassi||Report|
|2015/16||2015 FIA Formula E SWUSP Beijing ePrix||Olympic Green Circuit||24th October 2015||Sébastien Buemi||Report|
Beijing Olympic Green Circuit RecordsEdit
- Qualifying record: 1:37.297s - Sébastien Buemi (2015)
- Lap record: 1:39.993s - Sebastien Buemi (2015)
- Most Wins: Lucas di Grassi / Sebastien Buemi (1)
- Most Poles: Nicolas Prost / Sebastien Buemi (1)
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 'Circuit guide: Beijing', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar/2014-beijing/beijing-circuit.aspx, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 'Beijing', wikipedia.org, (WikiMedia, 02/07/2015), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing, (Accessed 09/07/2015)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Lucas di Grassi snatches win after dramatic last corner crash', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 13/09/2014), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2014/september/lucas-di-grassi-snatches-win-after-dramatic-last-corner-crash.aspx, (Accessed 30/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Buemi to the max in Beijing', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 24/10/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/october/buemi-wins-swusp-beijing-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 25/10/2015)
|Formula E Host Cities|
|Long Beach||Mexico City||Miami||Montreal||New York|
|Buenos Aires||Punta del Este|