|Andretti Formula E|
|Début||2014 Beijing ePrix|
|Key People||JF Thorman, Kyle Moyer, John Lopes|
|Driver(s)||António Félix da Costa|
|Website||Andretti Formula E|
|Last Season||7th (34 pt(s))|
|Entrant||MS&AD Andretti Formula E|
|António Félix da Costa||Stéphane Sarrazin|
|15th (20 Pt(s))||22nd (0 Pt(s))|
|10th (24 Pt(s))|
Andretti Autosport was officially formed in 2009, but had its origins in Barry Green and Gerry Forsythe's team (Forsythe Green Racing) from 1993. After various evolutions of the team, Andretti Autosport emerged with Michael Andretti at the head, competing in Indy Car. Andretti Autosport hold four Indy Car titles, one USF2000 Championship and two Indianapolis 500 titles.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Andretti Autosport were the first team to be announced for the championship that were based in the United States. Montagny was the first driver to be announced for the team, with various others testing for the team, including Scott Speed and Gil de Ferran. Charles Pic joined his compatriot in Beijing with the pair taking second and fourth respectively in the first race. Pic missed the next few races due to other commitments, meaning he was replaced by Matthew Brabham in Putrajaya and Punta del Este, while Montagny missed the Urugyian race through illness, replaced by Jean-Éric Vergne.
Then over the winter break between Punta del Este and Buenos Aires it was announced that Montagny had been suspended after failing a drugs test in Putrajaya. Montagny was dropped by the team, with Marco Andretti joining the team, replacing Brabham as the main driver in their second pair of cars. At the 2015 Miami ePrix, Andretti announced their sixth different driver for the season, with Scott Speed replacing Marco for the race. Vergne took his second pole position of the season, but would be beaten by his debuting teammate, who claimed second and narrowly missed out on victory.
Speed stayed with the team until the 2015 Moscow ePrix, where he was replaced by Justin Wilson, with the Brit taking tenth place during his debut. The Brit had just one chance, however, with Simona de Silvestro taking the second cars for the season finale in London. An impressive debut saw her out-qualify team mate Vergne (somewhat a qualifying specialist with three poles to his name), but was unable to take points.
Andretti founded Andretti Technologies to cater for their development of the Spark-Renault SRT_01E into the second season, ultimately unveiling the new ATEC-01. A few days later, their driver line up for 2015/16 was revealed, with Jean-Eric Vergne partnered with Simona de Silvestro, who had raced together in London. A day later, and Andretti unveiled their new blue livery, courtesy of a major sponsorship deal with Amlin, who had previously sponsored Team Aguri during 2014/15.
However, the ATEC-01 proved to be too unreliable during the 2015 Donington Test, while Vergne left the team to join DS Virgin Racing. Their bad summer continued with news that their IndyCar Series and one time Formula E driver Justin Wilson died in a race in America, while their new car continued to run poorly. They opted to switch to Season One technology (i.e. the Spark-Renault SRT_01E) for the final day of the test, while also signing Robin Frijns to replace the outgoing Vergne.
With year old cars, relatively inexperienced drivers and very little running, Andretti's season was pretty much written off from the start. Yet, Frijns seemed to have other ideas, and at the 2015 Putrajaya ePrix the Dutchman shocked the entire paddock by putting the year old car onto the podium, demonstrating the benefit of using proven technology. Yet, that would be the team's only real triumph of the season, with Frijns scoring minor points for the rest of the season, while de Silvestro took until the 2016 Long Beach ePrix to finally get her name on the board.
With 2015/16 a write off, Andretti threw their full weight at ensuring that their challenger for season three would go to the 2016 Donington Test and actually get out on circuit. An extensive development programme saw the ATEC-02 cover thousands of kilometres before the public pre-season test, while António Félix da Costa was brought on board to partner Frijns. The Donington Test would go well for the new Andretti, despite the fact that Frijns and da Costa were both in the lower half of the field in outright pace.
Formula E RecordEdit
The tables below show Andretti Formula E's full record in the FIA Formula E Championship.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The table below gives an overview of Andretti Formula E's entries in Formula E:
|Andretti Formula E's overall Formula E Record|
|Season||Official name||No.||Drivers||DC Pos.||DC Pts.||Car||TC Pos.||TC Pts.|
|2014/15||Andretti Autosport||27||Franck Montagny||16th||18||Spark-Renault SRT_01E||6th||119|
|28||Simona de Silvestro||27th||0|
|2015/16||Amlin Andretti Formula E||27||Robin Frijns||12th||45||Spark-Renault SRT_01E|
|28||Simona de Silvestro||18th||4|
|2016/17||MS Amlin Andretti||27||Robin Frijns||13th||24||Andretti ATEC-02||7th||34|
|28||António Félix da Costa||20th||10|
|2017/18||MS&AD Andretti Formula E||27||Kamui Kobayashi||Andretti ATEC-03|
|28||António Félix da Costa|
- * Pic also raced for China Racing from the 2015 Miami ePrix until the 2015 Berlin ePrix.
- † Andretti used the Andretti ATEC-01 during the first part of the 2015 Donington Test.
Listed below are the full career results of Andretti Formula E:
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 'Teams: Andretti Autosport', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/teams/andretti-autosport.aspx, (Accessed 15/07/2015)
- ↑ 'Andretti technologies to build Formula E powertrain', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 26/06/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/andretti-technologies-to-build-formula-e-powertrain.aspx, (Accessed 15/07/2015)
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andretti_Autosport#Andretti_Autosport
- ↑ 'Ex-F1 driver Franck Montangy tests positive for cocaine derivative', autosport.com, (Haymarket Media, 01/01/2015), http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117253, (Accessed 25/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Prost powers to first Formula E win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 14/03/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/march/prost-powers-to-first-formula-e-win.aspx, (Accessed 27/04/2015)
- ↑ 'Justin Wilson to race for Andretti in Moscow', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 27/05/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/may/justin-wilson-to-race-for-andretti-in-moscow.aspx, (Accessed 02/06/2015)
- ↑ 'De Silvestro to race in Visa London ePrix', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 14/06/2015), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/de-silvestro-to-race-in-london-eprix.aspx, (Accessed 14/06/2015)
- ↑ 'Bird hails ‘unbelievable’ end to season', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 28/06/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/bird-hails-unbelievable-end-to-season.aspx, (Accessed 30/06/2015)
- ↑ 'FIA homologates manufacturers for second Formula E season',fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 03/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/fia-homologates-manufacturers-for-second-formula-e-season.aspx, (Accessed 03/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Vergne, de Silvestro named as Andretti Formula E drivers', motorsport.com, (Motorsport.com, 04/08/2015), http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/vergne-de-silvestro-named-as-andretti-formula-e-drivers (Accessed 07/08/2015)
- ↑ Smith, Sam, 'Andretti scoops Amlin partnership for season two campaign', motorsport.com, (Motorsport, 06/08/2015), http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/andretti-scoops-amlin-partnership-for-season-two-campaign/?v=11&s=1, (Accessed 07/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Alejandro Agag: Statement on the passing of Justin Wilson', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 25/08/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/august/alejandro-agag-statement-on-the-passing-of-justin-wilson.aspx, (Accessed 25/08/2015)
- ↑ 'Robin Frijns to race for Andretti', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 17/09/2015),http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/september/robin-frijns-to-race-for-andretti.aspx, (Accessed 17/09/2015)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi keeps his cool to win in Putrajaya', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 07/11/2015), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/november/di-grassi-keeps-his-cool-to-win-in-putrajaya.aspx, (Accessed 22/11/2015)
- ↑ 'Di Grassi's Shoreline sensation', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/04/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/di-grassi-s-shoreline-sensation/, (Accessed 03/04/2016)
- ↑ 'ANDRETTI COMPLETES TRACK TESTING WITH NEW POWERTRAIN: ATEC-02 TO DEBUT IN 2016/17 SEASON', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 15/06/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/june/andretti-completes-track-testing-with-new-powertrain/, (Accessed 08/07/2016)
- ↑ 'ANTONIO FELIX DA COSTA TO JOIN ANDRETTI FORMULA E: FORMULA E RACE WINNER TO DRIVE ALONGSIDE ROBIN FRIJNS AT ANDRETTI', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 10/08/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/august/antonio-felix-da-costa-to-join-andretti-formula-e, (Accessed 10/08/2016)