|Date of Birth||26th October 1982|
|Date of Death||Unknown|
|Début||2016 Hong Kong ePrix|
|Formula E Career|
|Total Entries||12 (12 Starts)|
Carroll would have a fairly quiet debut season in 2016/17, outperformed by teammate Evans although he did atleast finish every race. Yet, his five point tally at the end of the season was not enough for Carroll to keep his seat, with Nelson Piquet Jr. elbowing the Brit out of Jaguar ahead of the 2017/18 season.
After starting in karting at the age of ten, Carroll would get his first drive in a racing car in 1999, taking part in the Winter Series of the Formula Palmer Audi Championship. An impressive performance saw the Northern Irishman given a scholarship to compete in Formula Ford in 2000. In 2002 Carroll was pushed into British Formula 3, where he consistently put his year old car among the front runners to win his class outright.
2003 saw Carroll compete in the Formula Three Euroseries as well as the British F3 Championship, with Carroll once again out-performing his car. After budget problems forced him to miss out on the Euroseries in 2004, Carroll bounced back with a drive in the GP2 Series, and was called upon by BAR in F1 to become their reserve driver. Sadly for Carroll, his early season form disappeared to leave him floundering at the back of the field, and in 2006 the Brit looked set to call time on his single seater career, cancelling his contract with Honda F1.
For 2007 Carroll managed to secure a drive in the DTM, although when approached by a struggling GP2 team partway through the season, the Brit decided to focus on reviving his single seater career. Both Championships were disappointing, although the Brit would test, and ultimately sign a deal to compete in the A1 Grand Prix Championship. For the next two seasons, the Brit would compete for Team Ireland, win the title in the 2008/09 Championship, while also getting offers for Formula One, although his sponsorship deals were not enough to cover the costs.
For 2010, Carroll managed to get a few drives in the IndyCar Series, although his performances would only be footnotes in his C.V. A year later and Carroll was taking part in the Auto GP Series at select rounds, taking a race win at the season finale, while also getting another one-off drive in GP2. Carroll would then take a break from international racing after the 2011 season, with no one sure when the Brit planned on returning.
In 2014 Carroll finally returned to a major racing series, joining the British GT Championship partway through the season. A full seat was offered to Carroll for 2015, with the Brit continuing on into the 2016 season, taking his first win. A drive in the World Endurance Championship followed in the GTE-AM category for 2016.
Formula E HistoryEdit
Jaguar Racing were determined to test as many drivers as possible when they decided to join the Formula E Championship, taking four drivers to the 2016 Donington Test. Carroll would drive alongside Mitch Evans, Alex Lynn and Harry Tincknell during the test, although he would almost instantly be offered a deal and drive for the full six days. It was later confirmed that Evans would partner him for the season, with Carroll serving as the team's lead driver.
Carroll kept out of trouble during his debut in Hong Kong, finishing the race in twelfth as teammate Evans retired. However, a lack of pace in the Jaguar would deny Carroll a chance to move up the order at the following two rounds, the Brit slipping to seventeenth in Buenos Aires. Fortunately for himself and Jaguar the winter "break" allowed the team to regroup after their first races, with the team emerging far more competitive at the 2017 Mexico City ePrix.
Indeed, the late race chaos in Mexico City proved particularly valuable for Carroll and Evans, the pair picking through the carnage to claim their first points finishes of the season, Evans in sixth and Carroll eighth. Unfortunately for Carroll, that result would be as good as it got, the Brit getting comprehensively beaten by Evans for the rest of the season, only returning the favour when the Kiwi retired for races. That said, Carroll did manage to secure another points finish, claiming tenth in the first New York ePrix.
Come the end of the season Carroll had slipped to 21st in the Championship standings, seven places behind Evans. The Brit would duly lose his Jaguar Racing seat ahead of the 2017/18 season, as 2014/15 Champion Nelson Piquet Jr. joined the effort, partnering Evans.
Full Formula E RecordEdit
Shown below are a series of tables outlining Adam Carroll's career in Formula E in statistical form.
Formula E EntriesEdit
The list below includes all of the teams and cars, as well as overall finishing positions for Adam Carroll during their FE career:
|Adam Carroll's Overall Formula E Record|
|2016/17||Jaguar Racing||47||Jaguar I-Type 1||21st||5|
Below is a table showing Adam Carroll's full Formula E record.
|FIA Formula E Championship Record|
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sam Smith, 'Evans to partner Carroll at Jaguar', motorsport.com, (Motorsport Network, 02/09/2016), http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/evans-to-partner-carroll-at-jaguar-814790/, (Accessed 07/09/2016)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Nelson Piquet Jr joins Jaguar for season four', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 21/09/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/september/nelson-piquet-jr-joins-jaguar-for-season-four/, (Accessed 21/09/2017)
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 'Adam Carroll', wikipedia.org, (Wikipedia, 06/09/2016), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carroll, (Accessed 11/09/2016)
- ↑ 'Buemi holds on in Hong Kong', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 09/10/2016), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/october/buemi-holds-on-in-hong-kong/, (Accessed 09/10/2016)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 'Di Grassi produces masterpiece in Mexico', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 01/04/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/april/di-grassi-produces-masterpiece-in-mexico/, (Accessed 02/04/2017)
- ↑ 'Bird soars to historic Qualcomm New York City ePrix win', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 15/07/2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017/july/bird-soars-to-historic-qualcomm-new-york-city-eprix-win/, (Accessed 18/07/2017)