|2017 New York ePrix I|
The first FIA approved circuit in New York City.
|Date||15th July 2017|
|Official Name||2017 FIA Formula E New York ePrix|
|Location||Brooklyn Circuit, Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Lap length||1.950km (1.212mi)|
|Distance||TBC laps / TBC|
|Berlin II||New York II|
The 2017 New York ePrix I, otherwise known as the 2017 FIA Formula E New York ePrix, is set to be the ninth round of the 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship, staged in the borough of Brooklyn, New York on the 15th July 2017. The race, which will be the first ever ePrix staged in New York, will also be the first ever FIA sanctioned event to be staged in the United States' financial capital.
The double header in New York was originally set to be the season finale for the 2016/17 Championship, staged two weeks after the series first visit to Canada. However, logistical concerns meant that the two events were swapped, Montreal serving as the finale while New York became the penultimate host of the season. The circuit itself went through several different designs before the FIA settled on one, which centred on the Red Hook neighbourhood of Brooklyn, right on the harbour front.
The final qualifying result for the 2017 New York ePrix I are outlined below:
The final classification of the 2017 New York ePrix I is displayed below, with the fastest lap setter indicated in italics, and the pole sitter shown in bold.
- First New York ePrix.
- New York becomes the third US city to host Formula E.
- Sébastien Buemi and Sam Bird missed an ePrix for the first time.
Videos and Images:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 'From Hong Kong to New York: FIVE NEW CITIES FOR THIRD FORMULA E SEASON', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 02/07/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/july/from-hong-kong-to-new-york/, (Accessed 02/07/2016)
- ↑ 'FIA RELEASES REVISED SEASON THREE CALENDAR: DATE SWAP FOR NEW YORK CITY AND MONTREAL', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 28/09/2016), http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/september/fia-releases-revised-season-three-formula-e-calendar/, (Accessed 28/09/2016)
- ↑ 'Formula E:Calendar - Brooklyn Circuit', fiaformulae.com, (FIA Formula E, 2017), http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar, (Accessed 22/05/2017)